As i mentioned in another posts that affiliate network is simply a website which plays the role of mediator between you (as an affiliate marketer) and between the vendors (which try to sell their products through your website).
It is a big marketplace where merchants and salespersons meet and make deals with all details (including commission rate – way of payment ..etc).
Choosing a good network is essential in affiliate business as there are many networks and each one may has featured pros and different cons.
So deciding which are the best affiliate networks depends on many factors like the type of products and the volume of sales …etc.
Any way i recommend to try as much as you want (you can search on “affiliate networks” by google so you will see lots of them) and choose 2-3 networks which match your niche more.
Here are a brief overview of the most known affiliate networks with their cons and pros:
I recommend this network (especially for digital products) and wrote about it in details in separate post.
See my article: Pros and Cons of Clickbank so you can get a full idea of this affiliate network.
This is also another good affiliate network which i like, it is little harder to learn how to use it (just for first time) but after that it will be a piece of cake.
Please see my article: Pros and Cons of Commission Junction so you will learn a lot about the strong and weak points of this network.
Please see my article: Pros and Cons of ShareASale so you will learn a lot about the strong and weak points of this network.
Amazon affiliate network is a huge store on the net as you can find hundred thousands of products from all types.
1. Wide range of offers: you can find almost everything you can imagine: books, mugs, mobiles, clothes…etc, so whatever was your niche you will not face any problem finding matching products.
2. Ease of use: the interface of this affiliate network is very user-friendly and you can learn how to use it very quickly.
1. Low commission rate: The biggest cons of Amazon is its very low commission rates which starting from just 4% (comparing with 50% and more in clickBank network for example), this means that if you want to earn considerable profit you should sell a significant number of products.
2. Long cycle of payment: Which is 60 days, this means after you sell the product you should wait 2 months before you get your money (but the positive side that you will not be refunded after that as most refunding happened during this 2 months)
This network is not so big as click bank or CJ as it contains about 1000 merchants.
It is not difficult at all to be accepted.
1. Payments are not paid regularly: One of its cons is that payment will not be done till the network get the money from the merchant, so you can´t compare with ShareASale till example which pays regularly on 20th of each month.
2. Commission rates are low comparing with the other affiliate networks.